Upcoming Eagle flight days and what it’s all about
We all deserve a break now and then, and after the dreaded winters we just endured, a break is indeed well-deserved for all of us at this moment. And what a glorious time this is. Finally summer is here! No more long dank and dark nights and a cloud of gloom and despair will be shrouding us. Every time we look out the window it won’t be a dull, depressing sight out there. Rather the air will be filled with the sounds of birds chirping, children playing, tree leaves rustling in the winds and so much more.
The longer days with abundant sunlight and wonderful weather has not only rejuvenated the sagging economic performance but our general spirit and frame of mind as well. It is the perfect time to celebrate. Celebrate what you ask? Well, pretty much anything. It’s the weather happy, chirpy children’s movies’ characters live for. So owe it to ourselves to take a little break and pamper our near and dear ones including ourselves with some merriment. And speaking of merriment, the closest one being organized on an entire town scale is the Eagle Flight days.
Eagle flight days
Eagle has many noteworthy aspects like its breathtaking natural beauty, its people – who are some of the warmest and friendliest lot I have ever come across, the excellent sporting opportunities which are strewn throughout the area (thanks to the natural terrain of Colorado itself), and its capacity to party.
Each season and almost every other weekend there is some or the other function or fair organised involving the whole town which promises a good time to both locals and visitors. And the latest offering in the pipeline now is the flight days.
Eagle flight days are going to be held this very weekend i.e. on JUNE 27th to 29th, to kick off the summer festivities. The flight days are almost rooted in the history of the town now since it was first started in the year 1922. Thus, it has been a part of the town’s culture for the last 92yrs, and since with practice comes perfection, the townspeople have also acquired a degree of expertise in throwing a humdinger of a social gathering.
This year the theme is ‘How the West was Fun’, and it will be the first leg of the oncoming Eagle county Fair and Rodeo, and organizer Roxie Deane promises some good ol’ western theme fun to anyone who comes by. Following is the itinerary of the weekend in brief for all of you who are interested or curious.
- Happy Tails Pet Show, 5 p.m. venue- Eagle Town Park (ETP)
- Little Buckaroos Baby Contest, 5 p.m. at ETP
- Flapjack Feed, 7 to 9 a.m., ETP
- Flight Days Parade, 10 a.m., Broadway
- Vail Precision Lawn, 11 a.m., ETP
- Colorado VFW Band, 11 a.m., ETP
- Kids Crafts Tent, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., ETP
- Horseshoe Tournament, June 28 after parade and June 29, at 9 a.m. at ETP
- Silent Auction, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at ETP
- Blue Ribbon Pie Bake-Off, Noon to 1 p.m. at ETP
- Wild West Kickball, 1 p.m. at Bull Pasture Park
- Strider Bike Races,3 to 5 p.m., ETP
- Country Karaoke, 4 to 5:30 p.m., ETP
- Flight Days Run Run 6:30 a.m. registration and onwards. Run starts at Fourth and Broadway and loops through Eagle Ranch.
- Yoga in the Park, 9:30 to 10:45 a.m., ETP
- Talent Show, 11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. registration, the show starts at noon. ETP Centennial Stage
For more information you can look up other state sponsored sites on the event.