The town of Eagle is excited to announce the first phase of the Eagle River Park construction!
- Community Conference Call update scheduled for Feb. 15 at noon
- Hobbs Trucking & Excavating have begun construction of the in-stream features of the Whitewater Park.
- Crews have mobilized equipment in the overflow truck parking lot off Fairgrounds Road.
- Eagle County Public Works has begun work on the Exhibit Hall parking lot improvements, east of the rodeo arena.
- River Park crews have begun removing select Cottonwood trees along the riverbank to create an access points for construction staging.
- The Town has received the USACE 404-permit, which allowed for construction to begin.
Eagle River Park – Phase 1 Construction – Spring 2018
Eagle River Park – Visionary Plan
ABOUT THE EAGLE RIVER PARK
The Eagle River Park project is a 4.3-acre park including two main components; the in-stream design and construction of a new world class whitewater park and the Upland Park parcel on the north side of the Colorado River. The Eagle River Park project wraps along the Eagle River near the Eagle County Fair and Rodeo Grounds and Chambers Park.
The River Park is part of the Eagle River Corridor Plan established in 2015. In April of 2016, town of Eagle voters approved a 0.5% sales tax to fund a variety of park and trail improvements including the River Park project.
There are two main components of the 4.3 acre project:
- In-stream design and construction of the whitewater park.
- Upland park design and construction on the north side of the river.
This project aims to build upon the Town of Eagle’s outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities by creating a world class whitewater park that will serve the members of our community and will provide a venue for whitewater competitions, events and more!