The Flying Eagle Disc Society, with the support of Latitude 64 – Golf Discs, is proud to bring you the second annual Flying Eagle Open
The Flying Eagle Disc Society, with the support of Latitude 64 – Golf Discs, is proud to bring you the second annual Flying Eagle Open disc golf tournament. This will be a PDGA B-Tier event featuring three rounds of golf on two separate courses, and is set to take place on September 24th and 25th, 2016.
The field of 140 players will be split into two pools with each pool playing shotgun start rounds at both Hole in the Sky Disc Golf Course (Eagle, CO) and Gypsum Creek Golf Course (Gypsum, CO) on Saturday the 24th. The third round will take place at Gypsum Creek DGC on Sunday the 25th and will feature tee time rounds for all players.
Both courses will feature alternate tee positions depending on division. Amateur players can expect to receive a robust players pack, and there will be payouts to top finishers in all divisions (cash in pro and prizes in am), in addition to trophies for top players in each division.
Hole in the Sky DGC is a permanent, public course and will be open for practice rounds from sunrise to sunset until the day of the event. Gypsum Creek will have a limited practice and preview window, details of which will be announced closer to event time.
We are excited to bring this event back to Eagle County, Colorado in 2016. Please join us for a weekend of disc golf and camaraderie in the autumn beauty of the high Rocky Mountains!
DIVISIONS & PRICES
Open Gentlemen & Ladies – $80
Open Masters Divisions- $80
Advanced Gentlemen & Ladies – $70
Advanced Masters Divisions – $70
Intermediate Gentlemen & Ladies – $65
Recreational Gentlemen & Ladies – $60
Ace Pool – $5 (optional)
– Registration cap: 140 total players
– No division caps
– Players in divisions with very low registration numbers may be asked to move to another division
– Masters aged players (40+) are not required to enter age protected divisions
– A list of registrants as well as event results can be viewed on the PDGA site: http://www.pdga.com/tour/
– Players without a current PDGA membership must pay a $10.00, one-time membership fee in addition to the advertised registration fee for their division
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event. If you would like to make a donation of cash or goods, please contact the tournament director, Steven Klehfoth, at 608-695-0121 or via email at [email protected]
THE COURSES, GROUND RULES & PROTOCOL
Please refer to the official caddy book for specific ground rules on all holes at both courses
Hole in the Sky DGC
This course derives its challenge from the numerous water features that flow in and around the Eagle County Fairgrounds. A handful of wooded holes and mild elevation change keep things interesting on what is otherwise a flat and open course. Players who stay dry and in bounds should be able to score well, even with the baskets in the long positions.
– All water in the Eagle River and both irrigation ditches is out-of-bounds
– All discs over the top of the gravel pit berm are out-of-bounds (holes 1, 2 and 3)
– Regular out-of-bounds rules apply unless the hole calls for a drop zone
– Open Men, Open Women, Open Masters Men, Open Grand masters Men, Advanced Men, Advanced Masters Men and Intermediate Men play from long tees on all holes
– Open Masters Women, Advanced Women, Advanced Masters Women, Intermediate Women and Rec play from the short tee on holes 2, 5, and 15
– Two Meter Rule will NOT be in play
– Click here to see a course flyover video for Hole in the Sky: https://youtu.be/
september 24 (Saturday) - 25 (Sunday)
Eagle County Fairgrounds
426 Fairgrounds Rd, Eagle, CO 81631
Eagle is the county seat of Eagle County, Colorado, United States. The population was 7,528 at the 2021 census.